Supporting Suicide Prevention Month & Resources
Suicide Prevention Month encourages individuals who may be experiencing emotional distress or suicidal thoughts to reach out for help. Knowing that there are resources and support systems available can make a significant difference in someone’s decision to seek assistance.
Due to this raising concern, we are sharing some of our free resources to bring awareness to those who may be struggling:
- How are Addiction, Depression, and Suicide Linked? If a loved one expresses suicidal thoughts or plans, act urgently – do not leave them alone and seek help immediately.
- Suicide: Thoughts and Questions Dive into the realm of suicide: Discover statistics, viewpoints, categories, and frequently asked questions for comprehensive insight.
- Alcoholism and Suicide Risk Learn how alcohol may increase the risk of suicide which is a major cause of death in the US among people who struggle with a substance use disorder.
- Identifying Signs of Suicide in Veterans & How to Help Recognizing Veteran Suicide Risk: Understanding the Connection Between Veterans, Addiction, and Suicide, and Exploring Co-Occurring Disorder Treatment Options
- 24/7 Hotline Numbers for Alcoholism & Addiction Help Discusses what an alcohol addiction hotline number is, what questions you can ask, how to prepare for the call, and provides a list of free helpline resources.