Getting a Youth Work Permit

Wondering when and where young students desiring employment can obtain a work permit/employment certificate?

Pennsylvania has very clearly defined labor laws regarding minors (children) working and also stipulates how many hours in one day they may work.

Students living in Philadelphia may apply at the School District of Philadelphia Education Center: 440 North Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19130. Check for specific hours to file applications as well as other application sites by calling 215-400-6007.

All students will have to present documents for proof of age: driver’s license, identification card, birth certificate, passport, baptismal record or school ID, as long as it shows date of birth.