Apply for Emergency Rental Assistance!
The City of Philadelphia is offering a second round of rental assistance for Philadelphia tenants affected by COVID-19. Residents can apply today! Renters and landlords may submit their application online, by fax or by mail.
Funds will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Applicants must be Philadelphia residents.
- Landlords and renters must each provide information.
- Renters must have lost more than 30% of their income due to reduced work hours/wages because of COVID-19 or have become unemployed after March 1 due to COVID-19.
- Renters who applied for PA unemployment assistance must have done so after March 1.
- Renter’s income before March 1 must be no more than 100% of the area median income, or $87,000 for a family of three. (The income limit for Phase 1 was 50% of AMI).
- Assistance is limited to $750 per month per household and $4,500 over six months.
- Payments will be made to landlords.
- Landlords must agree to the terms of the program and may not displace the household or begin eviction proceedings for at least 60 days from the final month of rental assistance
The program will run until Wednesday, September 30 or until there is no more funding. For more information, visit the City of Philadelphia’s resource page.