Support ASCI Reads By Eating Chick-fil-A!
You can support ASCI Reads simply by eating Chick-fil-A at the Waterfront (480 E Waterfront Dr, Homestead, PA 15120) on Wednesday, June 24, between 12 p.m. and 3 p.m.! All you have to do is bring one of the below cards to the restaurant and ask that your receipt be added to the earnings for ASCI Reads, and we will receive a portion of your meal payment!
ASCI Reads is a summer reading-comprehension program for children ages 6-8. The staff and interns who assist with ASCI Reads do not teach children how to read; rather, they help the children achieve higher reading levels and better comprehension.
Each summer has a theme (e.g., “Where the Wild Things Are”) and the children attend field trips to places like the Pittsburgh Zoo and PPG Aquarium, the Children’s Museum and more!
Mostly, ASCI Reads aims to teach children that anything is possible if you believe in yourself and put in the hard work.
Print This Out!
And cut it into fours so you can share three cards with friends and family! We also encourage you to print out extras to share with neighbors and around your communities! You can also download here and print.
Some things to keep in mind:
- We are currently closed inside for seating! Customers are more than welcome to come in and order and restrooms are open, however no one can congregate inside that is with your group, wait for other people to show up, etc.
- Cards cannot be passed out on our property at any point during your spirit night. All advertising and promotion must be done prior to your groups arrival. Please make note and let everyone know that so there is no confusion. Your organization is never permitted to stand outside on our property, sidewalks or any common area to promote your event. Everyone must remain in their vehicle while going through the drive-thru. If we see anyone passing out cards or soliciting to customers, the spirit night will end and all profits will be lost.
- The card itself counts for nothing, it’s when the card is handed over to our staff the evening of your spirit night we then count the receipt. If someone forgets their card, they just need to tell us they are with your organization so we can count the receipt.
- MOBILE ORDERS: We do not currently have the software in our system for me to be able to pull the Mobile Orders in support of your spirit night. If you do have people that place mobile orders via drive-thru pick up or carry out, they just need to send you a copy of their receipt after their purchase is complete. It will come through their email. They can forward it to you. Then, once you have them all, you can compile them and send them to me. Please do not give anyone my email to send directly to me.
- Spirit Nights count through drive-thru sales, catering and on gift cards…as long as it all purchased within those 3 hours.