Show Children the Beauty of Their Skin
Elmo and Lupita Nyong’o talk about the beauty and function of human skin, because it comes in all different textures and shades. In fact, beauty comes in all shades, too. This Black History Month and every month, teach your children how to love the skin they’re in.
Tips to teach your children how to love their skin, no matter what shade:
- Avoid comparing yourself to other people.
- Reevaluate your idea of beauty.
- Focus on what you love about yourself.
- Be positive and encouraging.
- Accept yourself.
- Have a role model who resembles you.